Enjoy New Year’s Eve 2011 like it’s the last.
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” – Dr. Seuss
╰☆╮ Merry Christmas dear readers. May the gift of love and happiness be yours this Christmas. ╰☆╮
6 strips bacon
1. Mix up a small batch of your favorite pancake batter.
2. Grease 6 molds of a muffin pan.
3. Put about a 1/4 inch layer of pancake batter at the bottom of each mold. (The batter must be thinner than when you normally make pancakes because the batter will rise when cooked and with the small mold, you want room for your eggs.)
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake the pancakes in the oven for about 3-4 minutes, until the batter is almost completely cooked.
5. Cook strips of bacon in a pan or in the microwave until they are about half done.
6. Line the bacon around each muffin mold.
7. Crack an egg and pour it into the middle of each mold, inside the bacon layer. Try to take out some of the egg white or else it will take too long for the egg white to cook and you may overcook your egg yolk.
8. Bake at 400F for about 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.
When you try your best, but you don’t succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need. When you feel so tired but you can’t sleep. Stuck in reverse?
And the tears come streaming down your face. When you lose something you can’t replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste. Could it be worse?
High up above or down below. When you’re too in love to let it go. But if you never try you’ll never know. Just what you’re worth.
Lights will guide you home, And ignite your bones.
And I will try to fix you.
Source: Fix You – Coldplay
It’s rare that I post almost complete lyrics, choosing instead to highlight the lyrics that mean something to me at the time of posting. But I found that when I listened to Fix You, it is a pretty accurate reflection of person close to me in this polaroid moment of time. You know who you are.
Whether it is romantic situations, job interviews or anything you’ve spent a lot of time on, a lot of energy wanting, desiring and working towards. Sometimes all you want to be able to do is to fix it.
Sometimes, it’s the last possible thing you can do. Sometimes you just can’t fix things
My husband has been working a lot of overtime, so we have not seen too much of each other for the past several days. And as cliché as it sounds, absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
Spending a lot of time apart makes what time we do get to have together that much more important and fun and exciting. The talking, the laughing, the kissing … everything.
“Love? We think about it, sing about it, dream about it, lose sleep worrying about it. When we don’t have it, we search for it; when we discover it, we don’t know what to do with it; when we have it, we fear losing it. It is the constant source of pleasure and pain. Be we can’t predict which it will be from one moment to the next. It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define, impossible to live without.” –Author Unknown